LOTS of stuff happened this month!
What have we accomplished to this point? - at the house:
1. We have a brand new roof
2. We're harvesting plenty of fresh stuff from the garden
3. I have prepped what will become a blueberry patch
4. We are starting to get some lights in the house
5. We have a brand new "compact filter" septic system
What else is new?
1. Got my passport returned with my updated info
2. Had my shoulder x-rayed and an ultrasound and they have diagnosed it as a "frozen shoulder" so I don't need surgery but I also can't really do anything to speed up the healing process...I just need to wait for it to heal on it's own which is likely to take at least a year - oof!
3. Driving school is still happening and I'm hoping to be able to take the code/theory exam before the end of the year.
1. Maybe kitchen???
2. We had a guy come and quote for solar so we'll see where that takes up
3. I've been "summoned" to Bordeaux for an immigration and integration "welcome" session which involves a language assessment to see how many French classes I will need to take...wish me luck!
I was born at Stanford Hospital and have always lived within about 30 miles of there. This is where I'm documenting my move from CA, USA to the South West of France.