September was PACKED with stuff that got...started at least!
What have we accomplished to this point? - at the house:
1. Had some damage from the septic work and, of course there is no grass anymore so we cleaned up and threw out a bunch of grass seeds
2. Still harvesting
3. Getting electrical done in more of the rooms
4. Getting the ancient door frame prepped for something...
5. Francis cleaned up the barn - post roof installation.
6. Bathroom furniture is in and that room is looking LEGIT!
7. General clean up around the house to prep for stuff.
8. Kitchen work
9. Garden work
10. and the wall reinforcement - OH MY!!
What else is new?
1. I went to my OFII orientation and managed to pass the language test with an A2 so that lets me renew my carte de sejour for 10 years, I think. I've also been given 100 hours of free language classes in Orthez so I am definitely taking them up on that offer! I met with the language school on the 13th and started class on the 14th!! Tue, Thurs, and Fri, I am now in language classes so...that's useful at least.
2. We didn't really like the first group that came out for solar so we're getting more quotes.
3. I had a virtual appointment with my diabetologist because there are some aspects of my blood work that are elevated so...we'll have to arrange for some more tests to figure out what's going on there.
1. Driving AND French school continues!
2. We'll see what happens with the solar visits.
3. Work will continue on the house and...who knows what else!
I was born at Stanford Hospital and have always lived within about 30 miles of there. This is where I'm documenting my move from CA, USA to the South West of France.